5K + New Calorie Burn Record!

Today, I did two things I had never done before.

(1) I completed a 5K (equal to 3.2 miles) in my workout on the treadclimber. Here's the proof:

     (A) Part I (2.36 miles, 388 calories):


     (B) Part II (0.93 miles, 148 calories):




(2) I burned 536 calories (see proof above)



This is probably one of the biggest milestones I've reached because it was me beating two records at once, and it has fueled me for my workouts for the rest of the week. So, all week the plan is to do the treadclimber and work out a 5K or better each time. Today it took me 50 minutes to do it (keep in mind this is the treadclimber - not the treadmill). I plan to do better on this time by the end of the week. My goal is to be able to do it in 40 minutes. I will keep you all posted on my progress toward that goal as each day goes on.

In other news, this was the holiday weekend - a scary time for any food addict. And in case you're wondering, yes I succumbed to the pressure to overeat. The food was too good to simply pass up. One day (not sure when) in the future, I plan to be strong enough to be able to fight those temptations, but for now, I can only take my food issues day by day. I refuse to let myself fail again by going cold turkey and cutting out all of the yummy foods I love so much. Hey -- I'm a work in progress here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment