Be Honest With Yourself About Your Weight Problem

I didn't do very much working out this weekend. As a matter of fact, I didn't do any working out. However, that's not what this post is about. I want to talk about something that's real. Yes, it may make many of you uncomfortable, but it must be said.

A few days ago, I was in the car listening to the radio. I think it may have been a Russ Parr segment, but I'm not certain. At any rate, they were talking about people motivating their friends to lose weight. That sounds simple enough, right? Well, that's wrong, and I want to take more of what they said and expand upon it to let you know just how important it is to get past that fluff and into the healthy lifestyle you deserve.

One of the reasons that there are so many obese people in this country is because everyone got lazy. Parents got lazy and stopped preparing meals at home for their children. Instead, they ran through the drive-thru at McDonald's and got them some Chicken McNuggets. Now, that's not to say that there'e anything wrong with food from Mickey D's (or any other fast food restaurant for that matter). The key here is moderation. Anything not done in moderation is BAD! To rephrase it...too much of anything is a bad thing. So when you're driving to McDonald's or Burger King 3x a week, please know that you are really doing your children a disservice.

I won't put all of the blame on parents, though. Because, when children grow into teens and adults, they are most likely able to make their own food choices. Instead of then learning to cook for themselves, they continue the same destructive lifestyle their parents put them on and eat fast food everyday.

***Before I go on, I want to let you all know that I am a LOVER of fast food. I could probably eat out every day of the week, and I have done it before, because I am lazy. So, I'm not just pointing the finger at you, I'm pointing that same finger at myself.***

The next problem is that society only presents you with one of two extremes -- either you're badmouthed by those around you and they further kick down your self esteem or you are surrounded by family/friends who don't want to hurt you and they use "fluff" words to make you feel like your situation is not as bad as it really is. For instance (and this was taken from that radio show I was watching), they may say things like:

"My friend is a little heavyset."
"My friend is plus-sized."
"My friend is thick." (my all time favorite)

Your friend/family member has good intentions. They don't want to see you hurt, so they offer you this "fluff" to try to make things appear more sunny. Well, you should ignore those words when you hear them. This will not help you reach the point where you need to be in order to get in shape and lose weight. See the truth for what it really is. You are overweight. You have to do something about it. If you don't do anything about it, you can/will DIE. It's serious business. Take your life into your own hands, and don't let other's continue to build you up (as strange as this sounds) because they are unconsciously doing you much more harm than good.

Write down your flaws, write down the excuses that held you back from losing weight, and counteract each of them with a statement of change. You will be surprised at how powerful you will be on this journey to lose weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment