Stepping Outside of My Comfort Zone

Today I did something different...not completely different, but different for me. Me and the hubby went to the park instead of going to the gym. This probably doesn't seem like such a big deal, but there were many times during this exercise that I actually RAN. Once again, that may not sound like much, but let me give you a bit of background as to why this is so very important to me...


From the time I was a small child (maybe age 5 or so) until about 12, I was a VERY active person. I was always outside, playing sports, riding my bike, or doing something that involved some sort of physical exertion. This means, of course, that I was in shape. Now, though, I'm a much less than active -- I just started going to the gym less than two weeks ago. It felt good to run, albeit in spurts. I felt more empowered. The only tricky thing about running / walking in the park is that you aren't able to keep track of your calories/distance as you go along. - which normally serves as my inspiration to keep going. As I see the number grow, the pain fades and it becomes "easy". 

That's really it as far as fitness is concerned today. I didn't necessarily eat too healthy. Here's what I ate (sorry I'm not counting calories right now):

Breakfast
Skipped

Lunch
Grilled Chicken Sourdough Sandwich
Medium French Fry
Medium Sweet Tea
(Jack in the Box)

Snack
Approximately 1/8 bag of Archer Farms Smoky Bacon & Cheddar baked chips

Dinner
Two cheeseburgers (would have had fries with this but the fries were disgusting lol)

So, yeah, overall today was not the greatest day for health and fitness, but I did make some big strides and I plan to keep on going. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment