My Biggest Loser: I Weigh 240 Pounds! YEP! I outed myself... LOL

Hey there!

This is my first post. I want to take a moment to introduce myself and set the stage for what this blog's purpose will be.

As of today, I weigh 240 pounds. Since I started exercising last Tuesday, I've lost 6 pounds. I have gone up and down between 230ish and 250ish over the last year and a half or so. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this is NOT a healthy weight on my approximately 5'2" frame. Don't get it twisted, I have always been and will always be a plus sized girl. I don't want to be thin (or even remotely close). However, I do want to be healthy. I do want to be able to play with the kid(s) I will have one day and not be winded. I do want to be able to do things that "NORMAL" people can do.

Before I get to far, though, I want you to know that this is not a decision I made on my own. This primarily stems from a conversation with my husband (who has lost an ungodly amount of weight). For those of you who don't know, he's a very frank person. He will always keep it 100%, and I love that quality - probably most of all. He told me that my weight was too much for my body (SURPRISE! LOL) and he wanted me to get more healthy. He didn't ridicule me and tell me that I was fat and nasty (although that has been my thought since I was in high school), but he did let me know that I needed to make a change or else...

So, now we're here. I've been working out for a little over a week (signed up for my gym membership on 5/11/10). I'm still pushing on and determined to battle my goals each day. I want each new day to be either as good as or better than (preferable) the day before. I am a work in progress, though, so we'll see how it goes. I really don't have a goal weight at this point...hopefully that will come later.

Now for my commitment to you: I will blog either every day or every other day to report on my behaviors - including my workout routine, food intake, etc. I want & need your prayers, comments, praise, smackdown, whatever you've got. I want to be here to help inspire you, teach you, and show you that not everyone is perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment